Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Constanta, Romania











Well, last day before heading into Afghanistan. We got here yesterday evening. The days have seemed so long and tiring. We're chasing the daylight, but can't seem to catch it. Every place we've been, because of the time change, we seem to just get there in time for dinner and bed.

The first night in St. John's, Newfoundland we lost an hour and a half and had a really early show the next morning, then when we got to Scotland, we lost another two and a half, and here in Romania we lost another 2. So here, we are 6 hours ahead. Unfortunately, James and my big sister are in California...so that's a nine hour difference... Then tomorrow, when we get into Bagram, we will lose another two..I guess I should be saying I'm gaining two...( I don't mind gaining them there...It just gets me two hours closer to getting home :)

Actually, I don't want to sound like I am only wanting to get back. I'm very excited to get there and start working!! I've trained so so so long to get here and I think I will feel very rewarded when this mission is complete. I just know how much I will miss my husband, family and friends with limited communication.

So far, the jet lag hasn't hit me. I had a little trouble sleeping last night, but I think that is only because I was trying so hard. We have a 2:30 am show tomorrow morning, and I'm flying the leg into Afghanistan, so I'm trying to stay as rested as possible. The past three nights I've also tried to take in all the comforts of my own room and comfy bed. I think I'm trying to absorb it so much it's keeping me awake... Only me, the overthinker :)

After trying to sleep in, I met some of my crew in the lobby to wander the streets of Romania. It is quite different than Scotland!! No green grass...lots of dogs..no dog walkers! We walked down to the Black Sea, the water was beautiful, but the beach was filled with stray dogs and filth! Now, back to the room to try to get some more rest. I miss you guys!!

7 comments:

  1. Spring break 2009, at least you are carrying your sense of humor with you. There's a whole lot of praying going on back here Kel, hope you can feel them. I love you and miss you already!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an excellent idea. When you can, please post pictures so I can view the world through your eyes. Keep your chin up and hold on to that sense of humor!! That's one of the things that makes you so special. We're all praying and sending positive vibes your way. Love you!!
    Aunt Nita

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there, Little Sister! James told me you made it to Afghanistan. We are all so proud of you, and we already miss you a lot! I love you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, honey. I also spoke with James. I hope you were able to catch up at least a bit on your sleep. I'm looking forward to keeping up with you a little through your pictures. Please don't forget to BE SAFE and that you are much loved. I'm very proud and very blessed.
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Kel- glad you decided to do this blog so we can try and keep up with you as much as possible. I hope you've been able to catch up on a little sleep and are getting your bearings now that you are there. James has been really glad to be able to hear your voice! Stay safe and can't wait until the next update. - Kelly sister

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kelly,
    Just checking in to see if you've had a chance to update. I know you are very busy. As Dad said, "don't forget to be safe" I hope you feel all the love coming your way from the great USA. We are proud of your commitment to serve babe. As Grandpa Dumeyer would say..........Hang Tough!!!
    Love you hon!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey hon,
    Still thinking of you every minute. I love your attitude that is coming through in your e-mails. Can't wait to get you back home.
    I love you!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete